Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Quick post :-)

I can not believe it is June already! Sometimes it does not seem real that I am here in Lima teaching and that it is just a dream. My adorable four year olds are learning, and we have fun each and every day.

I have been evaluating them every two weeks on numbers and phonics and am pleased with the progress each one of them are making each time :-)

This past week one of the teachers had some visitors come to Lima for the first time, and on Friday night we got to take them to Jockey Plaza,which is the mall here and hang out with them. It was encouraging to be able to ministry to some visitors, and I discovered that I was able to help order for them and give them a mini lesson in Spanish.

Also, this past weekend was the yearly yard sale at the missionary school that is close to ours. All of us missionaries went, and we were able to get in an hour before everyone else and look through everything. I bought 10 books, a watch, some games and movies and items for my classroom.

The weeks are flying by, and I am enjoying myself here so much. I am truly enjoying the Peruvian food(rice and chicken mainly) :-)

No comments: