Thursday, May 09, 2013

Another update :-)

So much has happened since my last post. First of all, for a week and a half, I was on bed rest after hurting my knee at school. I found out that the small bones underneath my knee cap was broken and have to have surgery to fix it. I also found out that bed rest, and I do not like each other, by the third day I wanted to go to school although my supervisor knew me too well and told me I couldn't return until the doctor said it was OK.

Friday was our mother's day program and mother's day is a huge deal here in Lima. The children make crafts and put on a little program for their mothers and then they can go home as soon as they are done. We also had a special gathering for the mothers that are on staff at the school. <

Here in Lima the school systems run thru quarters, each school year is divided into 4 quarters, each quarter is 9 weeks and after the last week of school the school closes for a week except for after the second quarter where you have a 3 week break. It is nice to have a week in between quarters to get report cards and ready for the next quarter and to catch up on some sleep.

Enjoy :-)

No comments: