Friday, March 14, 2014

What Is New?

A lot has happened since I last posted on here. I apologize that I have not updated sooner, but so much has happened. So without further ado I will just jump right in.

First things first, praise God I did not need to have surgery on my knee. I went to see my doctor as soon as I got back to the States, and he looked at my MRI and said that there was no tear on the meniscus but it was nicked. After being on strong pain medicines and physical therapy exercises and a brace, I am now 5 months(almost 6) pain free and no brace needed for all activities(triple yea).

Secondly I landed a part time job at a local Christian school (the principal had kept my résumé for some years and emailed me out of the blue). I love the children and the workers, even if it is the main rival of my high school. Having the two schools compete gets a bit interesting at times but I always win!!!

On an interesting note I joined Krav Maga, which is Israel's martial arts. It has helped strengthen the knee and the asthma. I have not had a chance to move up to the next belt because I have been sick all winter long. Hopefully I can continue starting in April and join the black belt program! A blond girl with a black belt would be so cool and so unexpected!

I have successfully caught out up with my life. I am enjoying the time back in the States, but can not wait to go back to Peru and serve God. Always keep smiling and singing even when it seems impossible.

No comments: